A complete picture about past and present! You`ll fall in LOVE with Porto!
After picking you up from your hotel, lodging or Leixões Cruise Ship Terminal*, we’ll have a full day covering all: modern and ancient Porto, the neighbor city of Gaia to appreciate the views over Porto, the Port Wine cellars and Foz district.
We’ll explore the Old Quarter, including Cathedral and the medieval city, São Bento Train Station and get to know the meaning of the magnificent hand-painted tile panels and Ribeira, which is the heart of the Unesco Heritage.
Uptown, other highlights of our tour are the Allies Square and the City Hall, the Clérigos Tower, Lello Bookshop, Churches of Carmo and Carmelitas, the Jewish Corner and to the amazing viewpoint of Victoria.
For lunch, I will suggest a little place called Afurada, a small fishing village where you can have excellent options of fish or meat with a truly local environment.
Gaia offers a beautiful riverside and stunning views over Porto. We’ll discover Serra do Pilar belvedere, for the most spectacular viewpoint over Porto and Luis I bridge.
At the Port Wine Cellars, you will have a great experience on a private visit including Port Wine tastings.
A relaxed drive along the shore towards Foz district stopping at the lighthouse at the mouth of Douro river, drive through Brazil Avenue, by the Atlantic, and passing the “Cheese Castle”, will complete your beautiful day.
* Notice: Shore Excursions are also available: If you come by cruise, I can pick you up at the Cruise Ship Terminal and drop you off there again. The tour (and price) is the same as described.
|PICK UP/DROP OFF||At your hotel, lodging in Porto or Leixões Cruise Ship Terminal|
|START AT / END||09:30am to 05:00 pm (approx)|
Insurances and fees
Any service that is not clearly specified in the inclusions
For additional info, get in touch with us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The highlights of our tour are:
– São Bento Train Station and the huge hand-painted tile panels;
– Serra do Pilar belvedere: the most spectacular viewpoint over Porto;
– Port Wine Cellars including tastings
– Ribeira, the Unesco heritage riverside neighborhood;
– Luis I bridge;
– Cathedral of Porto – passing through the Old Quarter and the oldest street in Porto!
– Allies Square and city hall;
– The Jewish corner;
– Carmo and Carmelitas churches;
– Lello Bookshop;
– Clérigos Tower;
– Foz District.
Return to your hotel, lodging or Leixões Cruise Ship Terminal.