This is a “do as locals do” experience based on wine, food and tradition!
The Vinho Verde, also known as Green or Young Wine, is unique in the world and you only can find it in this region! It is a very light wine, a bit fizzy and easy to drink. The Portuguese drink it cold, paired with local snacks/products.
We ‘ll visit a local Vinho Verde producer, beautifully located, where you will explore the different grape varieties on a short walk along their vines, learn about the whole process of Vinho Verde production and try some of their best wines paired with some local products.
Explore the charming, historical and photogenic little town called Amarante, which is considered to be the heart of the Green Wine region, where we`ll have lunch. In this very local and traditional experience, you`ll taste some of the best local food in a typical Northern tavern and enjoy some of the best green wines of the region.
Time to discover the most beautiful wine tourism property in the region, awarded with the Best of Wine Tourism in 2016, 2017 and 2021, where you’ll have a private and commented wine tasting paired with tasty canapes, surrounded by an amazing landscape.
|PICK UP/DROP OFF||At your hotel or lodging in Porto|
|START AT / END||09:30am to 06:00pm (approx)|
Visit to charming Amarante
Any service that is not clearly specified in the inclusions
– We set off from Porto towards a Vinho Verde wine property for a visit including wine tastings;
– Stroll through the enchanting and surprising city of Amarante;
– Lunch in a traditional local Tavern for a tasty, unique and enriching food experience;
– To complete our wine tour, you’ll meet modernity in one of the most beautiful wine tourism properties in the region, where you’ll have a private and commented wine tasting – some of the best green wines of this area – paired with canapés while surrounded only by vineyards.
– Return to your hotel or accommodation.