An Out of the Box experience based on wine, food and tradition! You`ll be amazed by the beauty and uniqueness of this tour.
The Vinho Verde, called Green or Young Wine, is unique in the world! It is exclusively produced in the DOC area – Demarcated Controlled Origin of Vinhos Verdes, in the Northwest of Portugal, and it is made only from native varieties of grapes that grow tooled by the climate and the landscape, giving the wine aromas and essences that makes it exclusive.
In the morning, you`ll visit a very typical Portuguese village all build up out of slate stone and a very local Vinho Verde producer in a winery from the XVIII century.
Lunch will be a very local and traditional experience. You`ll taste some of the best local food in a traditional Northern tavern and try one of the best green wines of the region.
In the afternoon, you`ll wander on the beautiful town of Amarante, which is the heart of the Green Wine area and get amazed by one of the most beautiful wine tourism properties in the region, awarded with the Best of Wine Tourism in 2016 and 2017, where you`ll have a private and commented wine tasting.
|PICK UP/DROP OFF||At your hotel or accommodation|
|START AT / END||09:30 am / 06:00 pm (approx)|
Visit to a producer of Vinho Verde with wine tastings included
Any service that is not clearly specified in the inclusions
This tour is focused on the production of Green Wine, the technics, the region and on the typical gastronomy.
– We start our day by doing a short stopover at a very typical Portuguese village;
– Visit a very local producer, the winery and the house from the XVIII century, including three green wine tastings;
– Lunch in a traditional restaurant with local food tasting. A unique and enriching experience;
– Stroll through the enchanting and surprising city of Amarante;
– Visit one of the most beautiful wine tourism properties in the region, where you will taste three of the best green wines of this region accompanied with canapes for a perfect end to our day.
– Return to your hotel.