One of the most beautiful landscapes in the world: the Douro Valley!
On the way to Douro Valley, we’ll stop at a beautiful little town called Amarante. Is is a charming, photogenic and historical countryside town. Lets discover a national wide known fertility symbol!
Afterwards, we set off towards our first winery family owned where you’ll taste table wines and gold medal awarded port wines straight from the oak barrels!
Lunch will be at a stunning manor house, in the heart of Douro Valley, looking out at the vineyards all around. We’ll visit the wine cellars after lunch.
Next stop is at the heart of Douro Valley: Pinhão village. you`ll stroll up and downstream aboard a traditional “rabelo” boat cruise to enjoy the peaceful landscapes of the valley.
The next winery is totally different! You’ll be amazed about the evolution of Porto Wine all over the centuries. It’s all about modernity and new technics! This winery has a breathless location! It is a moment to enjoy the impressive views over the Valley.
Part of our drive at Douro Valley is made over breathtaking roads, viewpoints, including the National Road 222, considered one of the most beautiful in the world.
|PICK UP/DROP OFF||At your hotel or accommodation|
|START AT / END||8:30 – 9:00 am / 6:30 pm (approx)|
Visit and wine tastings at two Port Wine Estates
Any service that is not clearly specified in the inclusions
The pick up time is between 8:30 and 9h:00 am and we set off towards te Douro Valley, a UNESCO site since 2001 and the source of Port wine.
– The first stop is at the charming town of Amarante;
– Visit to a familiar Port Wine Estate including both table wines and port wine tastings;
– Lunch at a beautiful Douro Valley property;
– Visit a second Port Wine Estate including port wine tastings;
– Pinhão village and boat ride (1 hour) departing from Pinhão pier;
– Drive along the National road 222 considered one of the most beautiful roads in the world!
Return to your Hotel or accommodation in Porto